Thursday, November 3, 2011

Exploration 7

I think it is a great book because it formal the people about what going on in the world. This book is an eye open people to see what the children and mothers are going through just stay life .I think it good for people to read so they know how good they have it . People in the American Culture have easy and not be in war, but they always want more then they have. I think this book is about have peace in your country and being thankful for what you have in this world like family , friend , and a home . There is no book like this book because this book is going to detail about the kids solider .One of my favorite quote is when Saidu said “ Every time people come at us with the intention of killing us , I close my eyes and wait for death .” I think he is talking about how he don’t know if he going to live tomorrow or not. I think it is wrong to put kids to put the kids into the war, but some country that is people live everyday .

4 comments:

  1. People sometimes forget how good they have it. Some peoples biggest worries are about what new car they want or what new phone they will buy, while other peoples worry is where they can get food to survive or they will be alive the next day. I do agree with you. People need to be thankful for what they have and not take anything for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually quite scary to think that very few if any of us knew about this war before reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you when you say this book is an eye opener. I did not know anything like this had ever happened. It made me realize what some people have to go to and how much worse it is then what I go through. This book makes me thankful for what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I close my eyes and wait for death." It is an extremely insecure feeling we get when we are unsure of our fate. I have felt this feeling in the past. It is the feeling you get when you see a car pull out in front of you. It only takes a second, like your mind is processing thoughts very quickly. You can't tell how long because for some reason it feels like an eternity to you. It is as if time slows down just for you. You feel insecure because you don't know if you will live or die. Very scary. Think of feeling that every day, as Ishmael did. I am fatigued thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete