Thursday, November 3, 2011

Exploration 7

I was very happy that Ishmael was finally able to escape the war the plagued him and his country. Though it should not have been as difficult as it was, I was so glad he made it to a better life in America. I was satisfied with the ending but I still want to know more about what happened when he got to America. After reading the book you develop a strong connection with Ishmael and hope for the best for him. It was a little disappointing that he didn’t tell of his story in America. I think the purpose of this ending was to leave the reader with the message that Ishmael found peace. He ends by concluding what he would do if put in the situation in his grandfathers’ friends’ story. This is much like his concluding that chapter of his life, finding peace, and moving on.

4 comments:

  1. I wished he'd told us more about his life in America. I think we needed more closure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you, the reader does become attached to him throughout the book. In the end i would have wanted to know more about what happened, and when he finally reached America. I wish he wouldve talked about it a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have been nice to hear more but I think I can understand why he decided to end the book where he did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I knew more about what happened to him in America, but I feel that he chose the story to end this way becaus of some secret message beneath, which may or may not be that he found peace. He wants to leave us thinking about the unknown, but hoping for the best

    ReplyDelete