Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Edna Adan Ismail

Edna Adan was born on September 8,1937 in Hargeisa, Somaliland. She was married t
o the president Mohamed Haji Ibrahim Egal of Somaliland. She was trained as nurse in the United Kingdom which she was the first Somali women to study i
n Britain. Edna Adan was the first Somalian women with drive's license and She also the first to trained in the west to become a nurse -midwife.Her life dream was to build a hospital in her hometown . Hometown was Hargeisa, Somaliland and her goal was to train 1,000 midwives.Edna's dream come true on March 2002, when she open the her own hospital . It take her 4 year just build the hospital. The hospital is name is Edna Adan Maternity Hospita
l , but the hospital is from everyone .Edna Adan was the Former Foreign Minister and she was in office from 2003 unit 2006.
Edna has influenced me a let in my life because she is Somali women just like me and it tell me that I can do whatever i want in my life. I am proud to say that Edna is my aunt and my dream life is to follow in her footsteps. In culture girls don't go to sc
hool because their parent through they will be nothin
g , but a housewife.So the didn't let girl go school or job , but Edna has Prove them wrong .
hey is a interview of Edna Adan